Set display from date to date

Aug 5, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Hi, thanks for the great module, I really like it.

I have a question; I would like to show content for a certain date to a certain date across months (in the case winter,  December 21 to and March 21.

Is that possible or does it mean I have to add the same content 3 times for all the months?

Thanks, Timo

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2010 at 2:48 AM

Hi Timo,

Unfortunately, that was a use case not considered when I originally wrote the module. I’ll certainly entertain it for a future enhancement although it would mean a considerable change to how the day selection data is stored. I had considered making the Day of Year (1-366) into a multiple-selection set rather than the single value but decided against it – that would have given one other way of doing a date range but not the best way.

In the meantime, creating three items – one for December 21-31, one for January and February 1-31, and one for March 1-21 – is the only way that I see to do it currently.

One caution on ContentDejour 5.1.1 – I have found that there is an ASP.Net 4.0 specific issue which causes a “Security accessibility of the overriding method must match the security accessibility of the method being overridden” error in my implementation of ISerializable in a couple of the data classes that is thrown when placing a module instance on the page. I’ll be looking into that in the coming weeks and will be creating a new release – most likely as a WAP rather than WSP project.

Bill

Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2010 8:18 PM
To: bill@wesnetdesigns.com
Subject: Set display from date to date [contentdejour:222654]

Hi, thanks for the great module, I really like it.

I have a question; I would like to show content for a certain date to a certain date across months (in the case winter, December 21 to and March 21.

Is that possible or does it mean I have to add the same content 3 times for all the months?

Thanks, Timo

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (contentdejour@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email contentdejour@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 9, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Hi Bill

Thanks for the reply.

I agree the day of the year as multi select would noet be very intuitive.

I'll use three "dates" for now.

Thanks again for your efforts and the module.

Timo