This project is read-only.

Possible to adapt to pick up on location ?

May 16, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Hi,

I know that Content Dejour can utilise any of the user's profile details as I use it in many pages of the site for this,  but I was wondering if it was possible to adapt it to use the user's location (using the GeoIP code) before the user logs in.

On the first page of my site I have to show one lot of text or another depending on the country before the user logs in.

Jacqui1811

May 16, 2012 at 12:48 PM

That would be an interesting and useful enhancement.

Please describe in more detail how the GeoIP code is being generated. DotNetNuke includes limited support for converting visitor’s IP address to country name but I’ve found it to be very inaccurate and would have to find a better IP address to country service that would be free and open source.

Is DotNetNuke’s built-in content localization enabled in your site so that based upon the user’s preference for culture code (as set in their browser) different users are be presented with different module content?

Bill

Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:23 AM
To: bill@wesnetdesigns.com
Subject: Possible to adapt to pick up on location ? [contentdejour:355951]

Hi,

I know that Content Dejour can utilise any of the user's profile details as I use it in many pages of the site for this, but I was wondering if it was possible to adapt it to use the user's location (using the GeoIP code) before the user logs in.

On the first page of my site I have to show one lot of text or another depending on the country before the user logs in.

Jacqui1811