Error message and module load exception

May 26, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Hi,

I have installed DNN 6.1.5. and the new dll file.
I also have installed NB-Store module from codeplex.

I have on a page the:
- nb-store cart module
- content de jour module.

When I have an article in the cart and change the amount in the cart, and click the recalculate button, then the content dejour module gives an error on the page.
See the error messages blow from the event vieuwer and page below.
Can this be resolved?

With regards, Ton Hermes

---------------------------------------------------

ModuleId: 590

ModuleDefId: 135

FriendlyName: ContentDejour

ModuleControlSource: DesktopModules/WESNet_ContentDejour/ViewContentDejour.ascx

AssemblyVersion: 6.1.5

PortalID: 0

PortalName: Webwinkel emailleer benodigheden

UserID: -1

UserName:

ActiveTabID: 65

ActiveTabName: Klanten Service

RawURL: /tabid/65/Default.aspx

AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx

AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://watermanshop.com/tabid/65/Default.aspx

UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0)

DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider

ExceptionGUID: dcca8841-052e-4a13-822c-6e53f2b0e518

InnerException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String

FileName:

FileLineNumber: 0

FileColumnNumber: 0

Method: System.Number.StringToNumber

StackTrace:

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at WESNet.DNN.Modules.ContentDejour.ViewContentDejour.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Source:

Server Name: sknet148

------------------------------

Fout: ContentDejour is op dit moment niet beschikbaar.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at WESNet.DNN.Modules.ContentDejour.ViewContentDejour.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace

Coordinator
May 29, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Hi Ton,

The postback to the same page that is generated by clicking a button in the shopping cart module (or any module for that matter which causes a postback) results in the Content Dejour module also processing its page load as a postback rather than as a new page request. This is always a danger when multiple interactive modules are placed on the same page – hence one of the reasons that by default the DotNetNuke framework isolates modules being edited on a “clean” page or pop-up without other modules present.

I have modified Content Dejour’s page load event handler to take postbacks generated by other modules on the same page into account and after some additional testing with an NB Store module on the same page will prepare a new module package and upload it to the project’s CodePlex download page. Because the Content Dejour version number will not be incremented and because DNN 6.x does not replace assembly files in the /bin folder during a “repair” install of a module of the same version you will need to extract the new dll file from the package and copy it to the site’s /bin folder as before. I’ll post again in this thread when the new package has been uploaded to CodePlex.

Thanks for finding and advising me of this issue.

Bill

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Hi Bill,

This is Just to inform if you already had the time to make a new package.

With regards, Ton

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Hi Ton,

Thanks for the reminder! I had created the new package back in June but had not had the time to test with NB Store cart on the same page until now. The change that I made seems to have fixed the error caused when the NB cart performs a postback to update the cart.

I have today refreshed the install and source packages keeping the version number 5.03.00 the same. Because DNN 6.x does not replace assembly files in the /bin folder during a “repair” install of a module of the same version you will need to extract the new dll file from the package and copy it to the site’s /bin folder as before.

I hope this solves this issue for you!

Bill