This project is read-only.

Where is data stored?

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Hi,

I'm looking to tap in to the data being used to feed my content dejour install. Is it in the DNN database or stored on the file system?

Thanks,
Mark
Feb 25, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Hi Mark,

All data for the module is stored in the DNN database in three tables. The primary table is WESNet_ContentDejour. Note that the columns for Months, Days, and DaysofWeek are bit-mapped int values to facilitate a one or many selection when matching on these values. For example, the right-most 7 bits (bits 6 through 0) of each DaysofWeek column value represent the 7 week days. You'll probably want to download the source code to see how those values are stored, retrieved, and searched upon.

The second table is WESNet_ContentDejour_Categories which contains the custom categories by which a module's content may also be filtered.

Finally, the module settings such as which fields are used for the primary and multiple matches are stored in the core DNN ModuleSettings and TabModuleSettings tables.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Bill
Feb 26, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Hi Bill,

Ah, there we go. I missed those tables because I was looking for them to named something different.

Thanks. I really like the module and it's come in handy for some rotating content I have.

Regards,
Mark