Getting an exception when i try to install

May 9, 2009 at 6:48 AM

Hi All, Im getting the following exception when i try to install the source package of contentdejour.

Can some one help me, its very urgent for me.

Error Error: is currently unavailable.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: E:\My Documents\Word Of God\WOGs Applications\WOGs Sites\wog dnn\DesktopModules\WESNet_ContentDejour\EditContentDejour.ascx.vb(189): error BC30456: 'Globals' is not a member of 'Common'. ---> System.Web.HttpCompileException: E:\My Documents\Word Of God\WOGs Applications\WOGs Sites\wog dnn\DesktopModules\WESNet_ContentDejour\EditContentDejour.ascx.vb(189): error BC30456: 'Globals' is not a member of 'Common'. at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) at DotNetNuke.UI.ControlUtilites.LoadControl[T](TemplateControl containerControl, String ControlSrc) at DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.ModuleHost.LoadModuleControl() --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2009 at 3:19 AM

This issue which appears to have been caused by a missing namespace import in the DNN 5.00.00 web.config file has been fixed in the maintenance update, WESNet_ContentDejour_04.01.01_Source.zip, uploaded on June 5, 2009. Thank you for reporting the issue.

Jun 11, 2009 at 11:52 PM

hi there,

I have successfully added the module but when trying to insert an instance of the module to a page here is what i get

Error: A la une is currently unavailable.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelperParameterCache.DiscoverSpParameterSet(SqlConnection connection, String spName, Boolean includeReturnValueParameter, Object[] parameterValues) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelperParameterCache.GetSpParameterSetInternal(SqlConnection connection, String spName, Boolean includeReturnValueParameter) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelperParameterCache.GetSpParameterSet(String connectionString, String spName, Boolean includeReturnValueParameter) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelperParameterCache.GetSpParameterSet(String connectionString, String spName) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues) at WESNet.DNN.Modules.ContentDejour.SqlDataProvider.GetContents(Int32 ModuleID, MonthArray Months, DayArray Days, DayofWeekArray DaysofWeek, Int32 Time, Int32 CategoryID, String ProfilePropertyValue, Boolean IncludeDisabled) at WESNet.DNN.Modules.ContentDejour.ContentDejourController.GetContents(Int32 ModuleId, MonthArray Months, DayArray Days, DayofWeekArray DaysofWeek, Int32 Time, Int32 CategoryID, String ProfilePropertyValue, Boolean IncludeDisabled) at WESNet.DNN.Modules.ContentDejour.ViewContentDejour.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

<!-- End_Module_427 -->

I am using dotnetnuke 4.09.03   -- downloaded and tested on 12th of June

thanks

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2009 at 2:37 AM

Although the immediate problem you encountered is due to an error in the specification of the legacy connection string in your site's web.config file, it revealed to me that I had never updated this module's code used to read the connection string from web.config. I will make that update for the next release.

There are two connection strings specified in a site's web.config file:

1) The primary connection string which was introduced with DNN v 4.0.0 and ASP.Net 2.0. is contained in the <connectionStrings> section of web.config
2) The legacy connection string which was used in DNN versions prior to v 4.0.0 and until recently was still used by many core and third party modules. It is located in the <appSettings> section of the web.config and has a key of "SiteSqlServer". Its value should set to the same string used for the connectionString attribute of the primary connection string. This is the one which the ContentDejour module was continuing to use even though it's use was deprecated.

Apparently, your web.config either contains an error in the specification of the legacy connection string value or there are misplaced comment markers <!-- . . . . --> around the active string. If you are not able to correct this problem with the legacy connection string yourself, please post both the <connectionStrings> section and <appSettings> sections of your web.config so that I can help you make the correction. NOTE: DO NOT post the actual database server name or address, database userid or password here in the forum. Use xxxx instead.

Jun 12, 2009 at 9:20 AM
Hi there,

I have changed the connectionstring as advise and it works great

thanks,
Jules

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 3:37 AM, imagemaker <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Although the immediate problem you encountered is due to an error in the specification of the legacy connection string in your site's web.config file, it revealed to me that I had never updated this module's code used to read the connection string from web.config. I will make that update for the next release.

There are two connection strings specified in a site's web.config file:

1) The primary connection string which was introduced with DNN v 4.0.0 and ASP.Net 2.0. is contained in the <connectionStrings> section of web.config
2) The legacy connection string which was used in DNN versions prior to v 4.0.0 and until recently was still used by many core and third party modules. It is located in the <appSettings> section of the web.config and has a key of "SiteSqlServer". Its value should set to the same string used for the connectionString attribute of the primary connection string. This is the one which the ContentDejour module was continuing to use even though it's use was deprecated.

Apparently, your web.config either contains an error in the specification of the legacy connection string value or there are misplaced comment markers <!-- . . . . --> around the active string. If you are not able to correct this problem with the legacy connection string yourself, please post both the <connectionStrings> section and <appSettings> sections of your web.config so that I can help you make the correction. NOTE: DO NOT post the actual database server name or address, database userid or password here in the forum. Use xxxx instead.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (contentdejour@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email contentdejour@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
............................................................................................
Giving up is not an option
Nov 8, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Hi,

I am facing the same problem,i checked my both connection string but still the same error ,please help.I am forwarding my connection strings

<add name="SiteSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=xxxxx;Initial

Catalog=xxxxxxx;User ID=xxxxxx;Password=xxxxxxx" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Data Source=xxxxxx;Initial Catalog=xxxxxxx;User

ID=xxxxxx;Password=xxxxxxxx" />