Update for DNN 8?

Apr 9, 2016 at 9:11 PM
Content Dejour is a very helpful module for us. It switches the content on the fromtpage at specivic dates. We would like to upgrade to DNN8.
Unfortunately Content Dejour is not compatible with DNN 8. Will there be an Update for Content Dejour?
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2016 at 9:57 PM

Hi Skeezix,

I’ve been trying to find some time to replace the Telerik controls on some of my DNN Forge modules including Content Dejour for a DNN 8 update but haven’t been able to do so yet. As a quicker, temporary fix for the Content Dejour module I can change a couple of control registrations on the edit and settings ASCX files then recompile and repackage the module. I’ll try to do that this next week and will let you know when it’s been uploaded on CodePlex.

Thanks for letting me know you find the module useful!

Bill Severance

WESNet Designs

Apr 9, 2016 at 10:07 PM
Hi Bill

That sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to it!
Thank you very much!

Andreas
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2016 at 3:48 PM
I have posted the updated version, WESNet.DNN.Modules.ContentDejour_08.00.00_Install.zip, for use on DNN 8.00.01 and later installations. Rather than changing the Telerik controls reference and recompiling, I have replaced all DNN Telerik DNNDatePicker and DNNNumericTextBox controls with jQueryUI DatePicker and Spinner controls so that a new version of the module will not have to be created when DNN removes the Telerik based controls in a later 8.x version. Since this version of the module is for DNN 8.00.01 and later ONLY, please upgrade the DNN framework to 8.00.01 first THEN upgrade the ContentDejour module.

Bill
Marked as answer by Skeezix on 4/12/2016 at 1:51 PM
Apr 12, 2016 at 8:51 PM
Hi Bill
This was quick. Thank you very much!
Best regards
Andreas