Error message

May 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Hi,

I work with DNN 6.1.5.
There are more than 1 instances on 1 page of the content de jour module.

sometime I get this error message.
This happens when I have add a picture.
Navigating to another page resolve this.

Regards, Ton

Coordinator
May 11, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Hi Tom,

Please post the entire error message preferably from the Event Viewer as that will usually show more detail when you are logged in as host user.

Please explain in more detail exactly when you get the error message.

Thanks!

Bill

May 11, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Hi Bill,

Here the full story.

In the banner pane at the top of a page there is a content dejour module.
In a left pane of the same page there is another content dejour module.

When I edit one of these modules, then I get the error message I mentioned before. in the other module.
For example:
Edit the module in the banner pane, then I get the error located in the left pane.
Edit the module in the left pane, gives an error in the banner pane.

The error in the event log is mentioned below.
Please, do not hesitate to ask for more clarification when needed.

Regards, Ton

ModuleId: 615

ModuleDefId: 135

FriendlyName: Banner top Vraagbaak

ModuleControlSource: DesktopModules/WESNet_ContentDejour/ViewContentDejour.ascx

AssemblyVersion: 6.1.5

PortalID: 0

PortalName: Webwinkel emailleer benodigheden

UserID: 1

UserName: host

ActiveTabID: 69

ActiveTabName: Vraagbaak

RawURL: /Support/tabid/69/keyid/39/language/nl-NL/Default.aspx

AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx

AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://watermanshop.com/Support/tabid/69/ctl/Edit/mid/564/KeyID/0/language/nl-NL/Default.aspx

UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0)

DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider

ExceptionGUID: 003d25f6-2f02-41d3-8299-3242b86732e1

InnerException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

FileName:

FileLineNumber: 0

FileColumnNumber: 0

Method: WESNet.DNN.Modules.ContentDejour.ViewContentDejour.Page_Load

StackTrace:

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at WESNet.DNN.Modules.ContentDejour.ViewContentDejour.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Source:

Server Naam: sknet148

Coordinator
May 12, 2012 at 4:31 AM

Hi Ton,

Thanks for the detailed error information. I was able to reproduce, locate, and fix the issue which will occur upon clicking the “Update” button when editing any Content Dejour module content if more than one Content Dejour module has been placed on a page. The issue only affects the page content as seen by an editor immediately following the update and does not affect normal viewing of the page.

I have uploaded new 5.03.00 install and source packages to the CodePlex project site.

Unfortunately, DotNetNuke 6.x no longer replaces a module’s assembly (dll) file in the site’s /bin folder when doing a “repair” installation of a module where the current and new package versions are the same – even when the new assembly’s revision number is higher than the current or when the current assembly has first been deleted from the site’s /bin folder. I will be adding an issue to Gemini support in this regard.

Therefore, to apply the “fix”, you will need to manually unzip/extract the new 05.03.00 install package zip to a folder on your computer then copy or upload via FTP the file /bin/WESNet.DNN.Modules.ContentDejour.dll to your site’s /bin folder replacing the older assembly file of the same name. Let me know if you need further instructions in doing this.

I do not have time to prepare new version release packages at this time but expect to do so at some later date when I incorporate several new DNN 6.2.x features into the module.

Bill

Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 2:10 PM
To: bill@wesnetdesigns.com
Subject: Re: Error message [contentdejour:355493]

Hi Bill,

Here the full story.

In the banner pane at the top of a page there is a content dejour module.
In a left pane of the same page there is another content dejour module.

When I edit one of these modules, then I get the error message I mentioned before. in the other module.
For example:
Edit the module in the banner pane, then I get the error located in the left pane.
Edit the module in the left pane, gives an error in the banner pane.

The error in the event log is mentioned below.
Please, do not hesitate to ask for more clarification when needed.

Regards, Ton

ModuleId: 615

ModuleDefId: 135

FriendlyName: Banner top Vraagbaak

ModuleControlSource: DesktopModules/WESNet_ContentDejour/ViewContentDejour.ascx

AssemblyVersion: 6.1.5

PortalID: 0

PortalName: Webwinkel emailleer benodigheden

UserID: 1

UserName: host

ActiveTabID: 69

ActiveTabName: Vraagbaak

RawURL: /Support/tabid/69/keyid/39/language/nl-NL/Default.aspx

AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx

AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://watermanshop.com/Support/tabid/69/ctl/Edit/mid/564/KeyID/0/language/nl-NL/Default.aspx

UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Win64; x64; Trident/5.0)

DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider

ExceptionGUID: 003d25f6-2f02-41d3-8299-3242b86732e1

InnerException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

FileName:

FileLineNumber: 0

FileColumnNumber: 0

Method: WESNet.DNN.Modules.ContentDejour.ViewContentDejour.Page_Load

StackTrace:

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at WESNet.DNN.Modules.ContentDejour.ViewContentDejour.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Source:

Server Naam: sknet148

May 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Hi Bill,

I have installed the new version.
Copied the dll file with the ftp.
Everything works ok now.
No error message when editing the content.

Many thanks and regards, Ton